We have a two story foyer and are looking for a pull-down lighting system to allow the lights to be changed and the fixtures cleaned without getting up on a ladder. The lighting systems that come with a pull-down look like they belong over a pool table not in a foyer. Has anyone had any luck in finding a system that would look good in a foyer.
I don't know of any that would work at that height. There are lifts that can be installed that raise and lower the fixture. They can get pricey though.
My advice is to start with light bulbs that are guaranteed for X number of years. That way you will seldom or never have to worry about it. Also, if you use a dimmer, the bulbs last much longer.
You want to lower a chandelier? Or lower a lighting system of recessed lights? Chandelier lowering devices are typically not seen, and are located in the attic above the light, with a remote lowering switch within sight of the chandelier. Search google for "Chandelier lowering motor.
Wiring on ceiling/fan light combo with remote and in...
ice maker leaking
Pull Down Attic stairs
Ceiling fan lighting cord
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees