We have a two story foyer and are looking for a pull-down lighting system to allow the lights to be changed and the fixtures cleaned without getting up on a ladder. The lighting systems that come with a pull-down look like they belong over a pool table not in a foyer. Has anyone had any luck in finding a system that would look good in a foyer.
I don't know of any that would work at that height. There are lifts that can be installed that raise and lower the fixture. They can get pricey though.
My advice is to start with light bulbs that are guaranteed for X number of years. That way you will seldom or never have to worry about it. Also, if you use a dimmer, the bulbs last much longer.
You want to lower a chandelier? Or lower a lighting system of recessed lights? Chandelier lowering devices are typically not seen, and are located in the attic above the light, with a remote lowering switch within sight of the chandelier. Search google for "Chandelier lowering motor.
Wiring on ceiling/fan light combo with remote and in...
ice maker leaking
Pull Down Attic stairs
Ceiling fan lighting cord
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips