We have a two story foyer and are looking for a pull-down lighting system to allow the lights to be changed and the fixtures cleaned without getting up on a ladder. The lighting systems that come with a pull-down look like they belong over a pool table not in a foyer. Has anyone had any luck in finding a system that would look good in a foyer.
I don't know of any that would work at that height. There are lifts that can be installed that raise and lower the fixture. They can get pricey though.
My advice is to start with light bulbs that are guaranteed for X number of years. That way you will seldom or never have to worry about it. Also, if you use a dimmer, the bulbs last much longer.
You want to lower a chandelier? Or lower a lighting system of recessed lights? Chandelier lowering devices are typically not seen, and are located in the attic above the light, with a remote lowering switch within sight of the chandelier. Search google for "Chandelier lowering motor.
Wiring on ceiling/fan light combo with remote and in...
ice maker leaking
Pull Down Attic stairs
Ceiling fan lighting cord
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps