Replaced 2 kitchen fluor. bulbs, still won't light up enough, is there something to replace and how to do it? I'm a novice, do I have to hire electrician??
Could be the ballast. Can get them at any home hardware store. Some basic electrical skills needed (Power - OFF, Disconnect & connect wires).
You can't use just any fluorescent tube (bulb) in some fixtures. Some fixtures require a particular type. It should tell somewhere on the fixture. That might be the problem.
Turn off power (duh) and open the fixture. There is probably a black brick of a ballast on the inside with two red and two blue wires, a black, white and green. Cut the wires so you have some about 4" wire on the ballast, then take ballast to Home Depot. Have them match the ballast, then rewire into the fixture. Not too complex, the ballast has a wiring diagram on the front of it, and it is easy to follow. Don't forget the small wire nuts you will need.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight