Replaced 2 kitchen fluor. bulbs, still won't light up enough, is there something to replace and how to do it? I'm a novice, do I have to hire electrician??
Could be the ballast. Can get them at any home hardware store. Some basic electrical skills needed (Power - OFF, Disconnect & connect wires).
You can't use just any fluorescent tube (bulb) in some fixtures. Some fixtures require a particular type. It should tell somewhere on the fixture. That might be the problem.
Turn off power (duh) and open the fixture. There is probably a black brick of a ballast on the inside with two red and two blue wires, a black, white and green. Cut the wires so you have some about 4" wire on the ballast, then take ballast to Home Depot. Have them match the ballast, then rewire into the fixture. Not too complex, the ballast has a wiring diagram on the front of it, and it is easy to follow. Don't forget the small wire nuts you will need.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects