Replaced 2 kitchen fluor. bulbs, still won't light up enough, is there something to replace and how to do it? I'm a novice, do I have to hire electrician??
Could be the ballast. Can get them at any home hardware store. Some basic electrical skills needed (Power - OFF, Disconnect & connect wires).
You can't use just any fluorescent tube (bulb) in some fixtures. Some fixtures require a particular type. It should tell somewhere on the fixture. That might be the problem.
Turn off power (duh) and open the fixture. There is probably a black brick of a ballast on the inside with two red and two blue wires, a black, white and green. Cut the wires so you have some about 4" wire on the ballast, then take ballast to Home Depot. Have them match the ballast, then rewire into the fixture. Not too complex, the ballast has a wiring diagram on the front of it, and it is easy to follow. Don't forget the small wire nuts you will need.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers