Replaced 2 kitchen fluor. bulbs, still won't light up enough, is there something to replace and how to do it? I'm a novice, do I have to hire electrician??
Could be the ballast. Can get them at any home hardware store. Some basic electrical skills needed (Power - OFF, Disconnect & connect wires).
You can't use just any fluorescent tube (bulb) in some fixtures. Some fixtures require a particular type. It should tell somewhere on the fixture. That might be the problem.
Turn off power (duh) and open the fixture. There is probably a black brick of a ballast on the inside with two red and two blue wires, a black, white and green. Cut the wires so you have some about 4" wire on the ballast, then take ballast to Home Depot. Have them match the ballast, then rewire into the fixture. Not too complex, the ballast has a wiring diagram on the front of it, and it is easy to follow. Don't forget the small wire nuts you will need.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!