Replaced 2 kitchen fluor. bulbs, still won't light up enough, is there something to replace and how to do it? I'm a novice, do I have to hire electrician??
Could be the ballast. Can get them at any home hardware store. Some basic electrical skills needed (Power - OFF, Disconnect & connect wires).
You can't use just any fluorescent tube (bulb) in some fixtures. Some fixtures require a particular type. It should tell somewhere on the fixture. That might be the problem.
Turn off power (duh) and open the fixture. There is probably a black brick of a ballast on the inside with two red and two blue wires, a black, white and green. Cut the wires so you have some about 4" wire on the ballast, then take ballast to Home Depot. Have them match the ballast, then rewire into the fixture. Not too complex, the ballast has a wiring diagram on the front of it, and it is easy to follow. Don't forget the small wire nuts you will need.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips