I am installing recessed lighting in a 10' X 14' kitchen with a 9' ceiling. How many recessed lights with 65 watt bulbs do you think I should install and how far apart should they be.
Frank, I am not a lighting expert but we just finished having our home built and lighting was a big question. We have 10 ft ceilings and I do not believe 65 watt bulbs will work well. I would suggest using the newer compact flouresent (sp?) bulbs. A 100 watt equivalent uses only about 25 actual watts and provides excellent lighting. With that bulb, spacing of about 6 feet works well.
7ft Ceiling in high traffic Hallway-Recessed Lightin...
recessed lighting problems
installing recessed lighting
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!