We're in the process of remodeling and due to the small size of our joists we had to put in shallow housing for our recessed lighting. We wanted to use the larger aperture trim kits, but the bulbs stick out too far. Are there any short neck reflector bulbs that aren't halogens? Or does anyone have the halogen bulbs (I know they come in short neck)? Is their lighting too white?
Your first consideration has to be the specs for the can and trim. They will give you guidlines to follow for maximum wattage. As to the type, using shallow cans does limit you a little. A gimbel ring with a par 30 bulb is an option. Halogens will pack more punch which should help you with the smaller bulbs.
BR30 light bulb size differences?
7ft Ceiling in high traffic Hallway-Recessed Lightin...
recessed lighting problems
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips