We're in the process of remodeling and due to the small size of our joists we had to put in shallow housing for our recessed lighting. We wanted to use the larger aperture trim kits, but the bulbs stick out too far. Are there any short neck reflector bulbs that aren't halogens? Or does anyone have the halogen bulbs (I know they come in short neck)? Is their lighting too white?
Your first consideration has to be the specs for the can and trim. They will give you guidlines to follow for maximum wattage. As to the type, using shallow cans does limit you a little. A gimbel ring with a par 30 bulb is an option. Halogens will pack more punch which should help you with the smaller bulbs.
BR30 light bulb size differences?
7ft Ceiling in high traffic Hallway-Recessed Lightin...
recessed lighting problems
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers