We're in the process of remodeling and due to the small size of our joists we had to put in shallow housing for our recessed lighting. We wanted to use the larger aperture trim kits, but the bulbs stick out too far. Are there any short neck reflector bulbs that aren't halogens? Or does anyone have the halogen bulbs (I know they come in short neck)? Is their lighting too white?
Your first consideration has to be the specs for the can and trim. They will give you guidlines to follow for maximum wattage. As to the type, using shallow cans does limit you a little. A gimbel ring with a par 30 bulb is an option. Halogens will pack more punch which should help you with the smaller bulbs.
BR30 light bulb size differences?
7ft Ceiling in high traffic Hallway-Recessed Lightin...
recessed lighting problems
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love