We're in the process of remodeling and due to the small size of our joists we had to put in shallow housing for our recessed lighting. We wanted to use the larger aperture trim kits, but the bulbs stick out too far. Are there any short neck reflector bulbs that aren't halogens? Or does anyone have the halogen bulbs (I know they come in short neck)? Is their lighting too white?
Your first consideration has to be the specs for the can and trim. They will give you guidlines to follow for maximum wattage. As to the type, using shallow cans does limit you a little. A gimbel ring with a par 30 bulb is an option. Halogens will pack more punch which should help you with the smaller bulbs.
BR30 light bulb size differences?
7ft Ceiling in high traffic Hallway-Recessed Lightin...
recessed lighting problems
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects