I am remodeling my bathroom and have run into a problem. My bathroom light fixture is a fixture with 4 sockets for light bulbs and a plug outlet. It is a rectangle shaped fixture (chrome) with a long glass rectangle shade. My problem is that I cannot seem to find a new light fixture with an outlet on it which I need, as my bathroom does not have any outlet other than this.
There must be a way to get around this problem.
You will not find a new fixture with an outlet. Bathroom outlets need to be gfci protected. If the wiring in the switch is more than just 2 wires you might be able to install a switch combo unit with a receptacle. If there is only 2 wires that are both attached to the switch you can not use the switch combo.
Problem installing new light fixture with old switch...
problem with ceiling light fixture
help with wiring for wall light fixture
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!