I am remodeling my bathroom and have run into a problem. My bathroom light fixture is a fixture with 4 sockets for light bulbs and a plug outlet. It is a rectangle shaped fixture (chrome) with a long glass rectangle shade. My problem is that I cannot seem to find a new light fixture with an outlet on it which I need, as my bathroom does not have any outlet other than this.
There must be a way to get around this problem.
You will not find a new fixture with an outlet. Bathroom outlets need to be gfci protected. If the wiring in the switch is more than just 2 wires you might be able to install a switch combo unit with a receptacle. If there is only 2 wires that are both attached to the switch you can not use the switch combo.
Problem installing new light fixture with old switch...
problem with ceiling light fixture
help with wiring for wall light fixture
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects