I am remodeling my bathroom and have run into a problem. My bathroom light fixture is a fixture with 4 sockets for light bulbs and a plug outlet. It is a rectangle shaped fixture (chrome) with a long glass rectangle shade. My problem is that I cannot seem to find a new light fixture with an outlet on it which I need, as my bathroom does not have any outlet other than this.
There must be a way to get around this problem.
You will not find a new fixture with an outlet. Bathroom outlets need to be gfci protected. If the wiring in the switch is more than just 2 wires you might be able to install a switch combo unit with a receptacle. If there is only 2 wires that are both attached to the switch you can not use the switch combo.
Problem installing new light fixture with old switch...
problem with ceiling light fixture
help with wiring for wall light fixture
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!