I have a motion light on my backdoor. The Double-Ended tube blew out. Since it was here when I moved in I'm not sure what to replace it with - I bought a 150watt 120 volt tube but don't know if I should go lower to a 120 watt. Is it ok to put in the 150? Obviously, I know nothing about electricity. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
As long as the bulb is the same size and shape the 150 w should be fine and is common for these fixtures. The maximum watt rating is aways printed on the fixture; look for a label usually on the housing. When replacing the bulb, do not handle the halogen tube with your fingers, use tissue or a cloth. The oils on your hand can leave fingerprints that cause uneven heating of the bulb. This can shorten the bulb life.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!