My wife and I bought a house built in the 1960's. The fixtures are 13" square recessed lights. Are there any replacement fixtures for lights like these? I tried to look up the manufacturer online (Markstone Lighting), but didn't have much luck. Outside of tearing the lights out completely and putting in new drywall to cover the 13" square hole. Are there other options?
Yes, I am having the same trouble. I can't seem to find a cover for a 12" square recesssed light by Markstone. Any help or alternative would be appreciated.
I have some old square 12" recessed lights. I was surprised there is no easy solution. I built a prototype using the existing frame, a .187 piece of white plastic and a LED retrofit light. It needs to be painted to match the ceiling- but this was easy and actually looks better than I hoped. Much better than the orig. square lights.
How to Replacing Low-Voltage fixtures with High Hats
Ceiling is cracking around light fixtures
removing an old light fixture - what to do with the ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!