Above our sink, we currently have a flush mounted light. The center of the current light is about 6" from the wall. Under the light is a 3'square window. I am going to replace the light with a pendant light. It will hang about 1 foot or less. My problem is that most of the small lights are halogen. The hanging light is very close to the wooden window frame or actually touches the frame. I know halogen lights need to be about a foot away from anything else. Thus, I plan to ask our electrician to move the light closer to the room (further from the wall). I may move it about 9 inches or so. If he does that, will an electrician fix the old hole? Ordinarily, how does that happen? Is it his call or ours? If we need to replace the old hole, how do we do it? Thanks.
Replacing a ceiling fan with a standard 2 bulb light...
See what I'm doing!
ceiling fan w/ light
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!