Above our sink, we currently have a flush mounted light. The center of the current light is about 6" from the wall. Under the light is a 3'square window. I am going to replace the light with a pendant light. It will hang about 1 foot or less. My problem is that most of the small lights are halogen. The hanging light is very close to the wooden window frame or actually touches the frame. I know halogen lights need to be about a foot away from anything else. Thus, I plan to ask our electrician to move the light closer to the room (further from the wall). I may move it about 9 inches or so. If he does that, will an electrician fix the old hole? Ordinarily, how does that happen? Is it his call or ours? If we need to replace the old hole, how do we do it? Thanks.
Replacing a ceiling fan with a standard 2 bulb light...
See what I'm doing!
ceiling fan w/ light
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!