Above our sink, we currently have a flush mounted light. The center of the current light is about 6" from the wall. Under the light is a 3'square window. I am going to replace the light with a pendant light. It will hang about 1 foot or less. My problem is that most of the small lights are halogen. The hanging light is very close to the wooden window frame or actually touches the frame. I know halogen lights need to be about a foot away from anything else. Thus, I plan to ask our electrician to move the light closer to the room (further from the wall). I may move it about 9 inches or so. If he does that, will an electrician fix the old hole? Ordinarily, how does that happen? Is it his call or ours? If we need to replace the old hole, how do we do it? Thanks.
Replacing a ceiling fan with a standard 2 bulb light...
See what I'm doing!
ceiling fan w/ light
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight