We have to walk before we can run. Making miniature advances in this industry, will certainly generate bragging rights among myself and my colleges. Fire suppression systems would certainly be a life saver in the security industry.
Yes, I would like to see the day when fire suppression systems became mandatory with every security system installed. With ozone depleting chemicals loosing their popularity, and ozone friendly chemicals replacing them, I see no logical reason for the delay.
However, at this point in time, I would be happy with small bites in the industry. Small bites like complete contact coverage on all windows and doors, glass breakage detectors on all vulnerable window areas, motion detectors in attached garages and strobe lights placed in strategic locations around the home (inside and out). Once we have stuck the compulsory stamp on this, lets go for the fire suppression system!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!