We have to walk before we can run. Making miniature advances in this industry, will certainly generate bragging rights among myself and my colleges. Fire suppression systems would certainly be a life saver in the security industry.
Yes, I would like to see the day when fire suppression systems became mandatory with every security system installed. With ozone depleting chemicals loosing their popularity, and ozone friendly chemicals replacing them, I see no logical reason for the delay.
However, at this point in time, I would be happy with small bites in the industry. Small bites like complete contact coverage on all windows and doors, glass breakage detectors on all vulnerable window areas, motion detectors in attached garages and strobe lights placed in strategic locations around the home (inside and out). Once we have stuck the compulsory stamp on this, lets go for the fire suppression system!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!