my back door is not right the sliding part is on the outside so sticks wont help keeping people out someone broke in and stole my brothers 4 thousnad dollar laptop so i need to find a way to lock it to where people cant just take it off the track from the outside anyone have any ideals
There are many types of auxiliary locks available that will not only prevent break-ins but will also stop the lifting out of the door from the outside. Check with your local locksmith.
use self tapping screws and put a 2 inch 90 degree bracket on the inside lower of the door where it wont affect the opening or closing of the door and cut a 2x4 to length that can be dropped down to lock the door.
Hi red! What did you end up doing to take care of your problem? I have a sliding door also, but it's on the inside, so it's not a huge problem. If you don't already have one, you may want to consider getting a security system to protect your home. There have been a lot of break-ins in my neighborhood recently, so I've been looking into it myself!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight