my back door is not right the sliding part is on the outside so sticks wont help keeping people out someone broke in and stole my brothers 4 thousnad dollar laptop so i need to find a way to lock it to where people cant just take it off the track from the outside anyone have any ideals
There are many types of auxiliary locks available that will not only prevent break-ins but will also stop the lifting out of the door from the outside. Check with your local locksmith.
use self tapping screws and put a 2 inch 90 degree bracket on the inside lower of the door where it wont affect the opening or closing of the door and cut a 2x4 to length that can be dropped down to lock the door.
Hi red! What did you end up doing to take care of your problem? I have a sliding door also, but it's on the inside, so it's not a huge problem. If you don't already have one, you may want to consider getting a security system to protect your home. There have been a lot of break-ins in my neighborhood recently, so I've been looking into it myself!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers