my back door is not right the sliding part is on the outside so sticks wont help keeping people out someone broke in and stole my brothers 4 thousnad dollar laptop so i need to find a way to lock it to where people cant just take it off the track from the outside anyone have any ideals
There are many types of auxiliary locks available that will not only prevent break-ins but will also stop the lifting out of the door from the outside. Check with your local locksmith.
use self tapping screws and put a 2 inch 90 degree bracket on the inside lower of the door where it wont affect the opening or closing of the door and cut a 2x4 to length that can be dropped down to lock the door.
Hi red! What did you end up doing to take care of your problem? I have a sliding door also, but it's on the inside, so it's not a huge problem. If you don't already have one, you may want to consider getting a security system to protect your home. There have been a lot of break-ins in my neighborhood recently, so I've been looking into it myself!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!