Clipped vs. Round Framing Nailer
I was looking for opinions on which of these two nailers is better. I have heard that Round Heads have a large shank, thus giving them more strength. I have also heard that a Clipped Head Nailer is a little smaller and works better in tight places. I would welcome any comments on this post.
Not much decision in my mind--Round Head only!! Many codes around the country don't allow clipped head nails. Get the round head nailer you can't go wrong.
i would agree that the full round head nailer would be the safest bet as many codes are beginning to require it...however...they both use the same thickness of nail...the difference in the head size just allows more nails to fit in the magazine of a clipped head nailer...both guns are the same size they just have a different shaped firing piston and different number of nails per clip
Which pneumatic framing nailer?
How to tell if I hit the stud when using a framing n...
Advice on a powered nailer
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING