Clipped vs. Round Framing Nailer
I was looking for opinions on which of these two nailers is better. I have heard that Round Heads have a large shank, thus giving them more strength. I have also heard that a Clipped Head Nailer is a little smaller and works better in tight places. I would welcome any comments on this post.
Not much decision in my mind--Round Head only!! Many codes around the country don't allow clipped head nails. Get the round head nailer you can't go wrong.
i would agree that the full round head nailer would be the safest bet as many codes are beginning to require it...however...they both use the same thickness of nail...the difference in the head size just allows more nails to fit in the magazine of a clipped head nailer...both guns are the same size they just have a different shaped firing piston and different number of nails per clip
Which pneumatic framing nailer?
How to tell if I hit the stud when using a framing n...
Advice on a powered nailer
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight