Difference between Jig Saw & Sabre Saw
I am expanding my decorative painting crafting to wood patterns. What is the best saw to start with? What is the difference between a Sabre saw and a jig saw?
Sabre saw is hand held, where a jig saw is a table top saw. The first you guide the saw through the work, the other you guide the material through the saw. If your doing scroll work (another name for a jig saw), then the jig saw is what you need. Get a good one, I recomend Delta models. They have several different models including variable speed. What you want to look for are the ones that have a quick change setup for the blades. The ones that you need to use a wrench on are a pain the the behooveya when it comes time to change them out and get them straight so you can tension the blade properly. DO NOT get a pinless type unless it is a quick change.
Advice on buying just one power saw
DeWalt DW321K: I can't even cut a Straight line ...
Which miter saw
tool that I will need
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!