Difference between Jig Saw & Sabre Saw
I am expanding my decorative painting crafting to wood patterns. What is the best saw to start with? What is the difference between a Sabre saw and a jig saw?
Sabre saw is hand held, where a jig saw is a table top saw. The first you guide the saw through the work, the other you guide the material through the saw. If your doing scroll work (another name for a jig saw), then the jig saw is what you need. Get a good one, I recomend Delta models. They have several different models including variable speed. What you want to look for are the ones that have a quick change setup for the blades. The ones that you need to use a wrench on are a pain the the behooveya when it comes time to change them out and get them straight so you can tension the blade properly. DO NOT get a pinless type unless it is a quick change.
Advice on buying just one power saw
DeWalt DW321K: I can't even cut a Straight line ...
Which miter saw
tool that I will need
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!