table saws for furniture making??
Here are some reviews on mid-priced table saws: http://toolreviews.shopnotes.com/tablesaws/tablesaws.html
[This message has been edited by LDoyle (edited March 25, 2003).]
You also want a good fence, the sturdier the better, the wider the better. It needs to have a good clamping system, where when its clamped down you wont be able to budge either end. You also want to make suer its mounting system it secure and that the fence is parallel to the blade and slot, and that the blade is also parallel to the slot.
With that said, if you can afford it, you can get a 5 in 1 tool, a shop smith. They cost about $2600, but worth every penny. you get a table saw, a drill press, a lathe, disk sander, and a horizontal boring machine. There are also planer, jigsaw, and bandsaw attachments for it. It is a very good machine, so if you are looking for something like that and can afford it, buy it, you cant go wrong, they even gaurantee it money back for 30 days, if you dont like it, they will take it back no questions asked.
No I dont sell them, I dont even have one, but sure wish I could afford one.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!