I recently inherited a Craftsman radial arm saw. Model #113.29401. I do not know how old this saw is. When I check the saw, the saw rides 90 degrees in relation to the back stop on the table. However, the blade of the saw is 2-3 degrees to the right, so when I try to make a cut the saw is fighting against the blade through the wood. There is a positive stop every 90 degrees with a spring loaded pin to turn the saw. At each location the blade is slightly off and I can not find any way to adjust this to be right on. I do not have any documentation on the saw. Is there a way to adjust this? I can not find any way to adjust to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
You'll need to do some research to find a book for that saw. There is a specific procedure for truing up a Radial arm Saw. One step in twenty out of oreder and things go off so you need to start over again. It can be done.
I believe the adjustment your looking for is in the carriage itself. Unscrew the cover on the left side of the carriage where the rollers are. The locking pin is held on by two bolts. If you look closely you will see underneath the carriage is another piece that holds the locking pin. If you loosen the two bolts that hold the assembly in place you will be able to adjust the blade to the arm. That is the only place I can see where you can align the head.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!