From what I can find, framing nailers come in three varieties. The clipped head, round head nailer for up to 0.148" diameter, and round head nailer for up to 0.162 diameter. The 0.162 diameter nail corresponds to the 16d common nail which is for residential framing use as indicated in all my carpentry books. What nailer is used by contractors for residential framing construction? What is the prefered nailer for residential framing construction?
.162" has nothing to do with 16d, so don't worry about that. Your standard framing nail would be a .120X3 1/4" for 2X4 framing. This is standard so don't even worry about that side of it. You have two choices Pneumatic or Cordless if you have a compressor already and you use it all the time then my suggestion would be stick with a Pneumatic tool, it gives you more power and it is less maintanance to keep working well in the long run. If you do not already have a compressor or you aren't using it often GO CORDLESS! Paslode has a great cordless framer I'm sure you can find their website. Their Pneumatic is good too. One thing I would strongly suggest though, no matter what brand tool you go with (although don't go too cheap) make sure you get good quality nails. This is very important bad quality nails will jamb in your tool all the time and that is something you don't want to have todeal with, pay the extra $$$ for good nails!
Hope that helps!
Hope that helps!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes