From what I can find, framing nailers come in three varieties. The clipped head, round head nailer for up to 0.148" diameter, and round head nailer for up to 0.162 diameter. The 0.162 diameter nail corresponds to the 16d common nail which is for residential framing use as indicated in all my carpentry books. What nailer is used by contractors for residential framing construction? What is the prefered nailer for residential framing construction?
.162" has nothing to do with 16d, so don't worry about that. Your standard framing nail would be a .120X3 1/4" for 2X4 framing. This is standard so don't even worry about that side of it. You have two choices Pneumatic or Cordless if you have a compressor already and you use it all the time then my suggestion would be stick with a Pneumatic tool, it gives you more power and it is less maintanance to keep working well in the long run. If you do not already have a compressor or you aren't using it often GO CORDLESS! Paslode has a great cordless framer I'm sure you can find their website. Their Pneumatic is good too. One thing I would strongly suggest though, no matter what brand tool you go with (although don't go too cheap) make sure you get good quality nails. This is very important bad quality nails will jamb in your tool all the time and that is something you don't want to have todeal with, pay the extra $$$ for good nails!
Hope that helps!
Hope that helps!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!