Im charging for the first time now so it will be interesting to see if it is working.
I just recently bought a Dewalt 18v combo and love it, except the circ saw, cordless saws just aren't there yet. Love the 1/2" drill and the recip, didn't know what I was missing not having that kind of power available!
FWIW, I hear Rigid cordless tools come with free battery replacement for life of the tool, don't know if it's true but probably lot's of conditions to that.
Many of S e a r 's tools are made by Ryobi
[This message has been edited by Piffin (edited December 06, 2003).]
Rigid is Home Depot's pet brand and they are TEMPORARILY offering free battery replacement for life as a promo...which is a pretty solid deal. I just spent way too much on a Dewalt 18v cordless drill, but it's a keeper.
Overall, I can't see the appeal of the cordless combo's and such. You get much more power, features, and reliability from a decent corded brand. I'm not a huge woodworker, but I've never been dying for a cordless circular saw....
And the service life of ALL of these rechargable batteries is about 4 years TOPS...then you're looking at 80 bucks a whack to replace them....no thanks. I've got a top quality circular saw, jigsaw, and orbital sander passed down from my old man that have been in service for many years with zero hassle....except for the arduous task of plugging them in.
[This message has been edited by ubbadmin (edited December 29, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!