Im charging for the first time now so it will be interesting to see if it is working.
I just recently bought a Dewalt 18v combo and love it, except the circ saw, cordless saws just aren't there yet. Love the 1/2" drill and the recip, didn't know what I was missing not having that kind of power available!
FWIW, I hear Rigid cordless tools come with free battery replacement for life of the tool, don't know if it's true but probably lot's of conditions to that.
Many of S e a r 's tools are made by Ryobi
[This message has been edited by Piffin (edited December 06, 2003).]
Rigid is Home Depot's pet brand and they are TEMPORARILY offering free battery replacement for life as a promo...which is a pretty solid deal. I just spent way too much on a Dewalt 18v cordless drill, but it's a keeper.
Overall, I can't see the appeal of the cordless combo's and such. You get much more power, features, and reliability from a decent corded brand. I'm not a huge woodworker, but I've never been dying for a cordless circular saw....
And the service life of ALL of these rechargable batteries is about 4 years TOPS...then you're looking at 80 bucks a whack to replace them....no thanks. I've got a top quality circular saw, jigsaw, and orbital sander passed down from my old man that have been in service for many years with zero hassle....except for the arduous task of plugging them in.
[This message has been edited by ubbadmin (edited December 29, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them