Im charging for the first time now so it will be interesting to see if it is working.
I just recently bought a Dewalt 18v combo and love it, except the circ saw, cordless saws just aren't there yet. Love the 1/2" drill and the recip, didn't know what I was missing not having that kind of power available!
FWIW, I hear Rigid cordless tools come with free battery replacement for life of the tool, don't know if it's true but probably lot's of conditions to that.
Many of S e a r 's tools are made by Ryobi
[This message has been edited by Piffin (edited December 06, 2003).]
Rigid is Home Depot's pet brand and they are TEMPORARILY offering free battery replacement for life as a promo...which is a pretty solid deal. I just spent way too much on a Dewalt 18v cordless drill, but it's a keeper.
Overall, I can't see the appeal of the cordless combo's and such. You get much more power, features, and reliability from a decent corded brand. I'm not a huge woodworker, but I've never been dying for a cordless circular saw....
And the service life of ALL of these rechargable batteries is about 4 years TOPS...then you're looking at 80 bucks a whack to replace them....no thanks. I've got a top quality circular saw, jigsaw, and orbital sander passed down from my old man that have been in service for many years with zero hassle....except for the arduous task of plugging them in.
[This message has been edited by ubbadmin (edited December 29, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs