Im charging for the first time now so it will be interesting to see if it is working.
I just recently bought a Dewalt 18v combo and love it, except the circ saw, cordless saws just aren't there yet. Love the 1/2" drill and the recip, didn't know what I was missing not having that kind of power available!
FWIW, I hear Rigid cordless tools come with free battery replacement for life of the tool, don't know if it's true but probably lot's of conditions to that.
Many of S e a r 's tools are made by Ryobi
[This message has been edited by Piffin (edited December 06, 2003).]
Rigid is Home Depot's pet brand and they are TEMPORARILY offering free battery replacement for life as a promo...which is a pretty solid deal. I just spent way too much on a Dewalt 18v cordless drill, but it's a keeper.
Overall, I can't see the appeal of the cordless combo's and such. You get much more power, features, and reliability from a decent corded brand. I'm not a huge woodworker, but I've never been dying for a cordless circular saw....
And the service life of ALL of these rechargable batteries is about 4 years TOPS...then you're looking at 80 bucks a whack to replace them....no thanks. I've got a top quality circular saw, jigsaw, and orbital sander passed down from my old man that have been in service for many years with zero hassle....except for the arduous task of plugging them in.
[This message has been edited by ubbadmin (edited December 29, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!