Radial Arm Saw or Table Saw.....Which is the best choice?
A table saw and a compound miter saw together can do much of the same work as a radial arm saw but with greater accurately. (There are a few exceptions such as cross cut dadoes in long board lengths in which case a radial arm saw is better equipped.)
[This message has been edited by Glenn Good (edited September 28, 2003).]
So my vote: A quality table saw (for precision ripping, plywood, "tricks", repeat cuts, and occasional crosscutting), and a miter saw, as Glenn suggests.
Please Help a Novice w/ Question on a Table Saw....
Natural Pine, Varnish or polish?
electric trim saw
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers