Radial Arm Saw or Table Saw.....Which is the best choice?
A table saw and a compound miter saw together can do much of the same work as a radial arm saw but with greater accurately. (There are a few exceptions such as cross cut dadoes in long board lengths in which case a radial arm saw is better equipped.)
[This message has been edited by Glenn Good (edited September 28, 2003).]
So my vote: A quality table saw (for precision ripping, plywood, "tricks", repeat cuts, and occasional crosscutting), and a miter saw, as Glenn suggests.
Please Help a Novice w/ Question on a Table Saw....
Natural Pine, Varnish or polish?
electric trim saw
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING