While using my cordless DW953 12V Dewalt drill, the bit got stuck in the chuck. It will not release when the drill bit is in reverse and the chuck is held by hand. I do not own a vise to hold the chuck. Any suggestions to get the bit unstuck?
This is a common problem if you are using the drill to put in sheet metal screws or pan head screws in metal buildings. Sometimes, I have to cut them off to repair.Try and avoid this if possible, as the chuck for this drill is 65.00 and only dewalt will fit.a generic will not fit. you may take a pair of large vice grips or a large pair of channel locks and try. Also, if can get out, only hand tighten, don"t hold chuck and run up with drill. This will only make the dogs set tighter.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!