While using my cordless DW953 12V Dewalt drill, the bit got stuck in the chuck. It will not release when the drill bit is in reverse and the chuck is held by hand. I do not own a vise to hold the chuck. Any suggestions to get the bit unstuck?
This is a common problem if you are using the drill to put in sheet metal screws or pan head screws in metal buildings. Sometimes, I have to cut them off to repair.Try and avoid this if possible, as the chuck for this drill is 65.00 and only dewalt will fit.a generic will not fit. you may take a pair of large vice grips or a large pair of channel locks and try. Also, if can get out, only hand tighten, don"t hold chuck and run up with drill. This will only make the dogs set tighter.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!