While using my cordless DW953 12V Dewalt drill, the bit got stuck in the chuck. It will not release when the drill bit is in reverse and the chuck is held by hand. I do not own a vise to hold the chuck. Any suggestions to get the bit unstuck?
This is a common problem if you are using the drill to put in sheet metal screws or pan head screws in metal buildings. Sometimes, I have to cut them off to repair.Try and avoid this if possible, as the chuck for this drill is 65.00 and only dewalt will fit.a generic will not fit. you may take a pair of large vice grips or a large pair of channel locks and try. Also, if can get out, only hand tighten, don"t hold chuck and run up with drill. This will only make the dogs set tighter.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight