While using my cordless DW953 12V Dewalt drill, the bit got stuck in the chuck. It will not release when the drill bit is in reverse and the chuck is held by hand. I do not own a vise to hold the chuck. Any suggestions to get the bit unstuck?
This is a common problem if you are using the drill to put in sheet metal screws or pan head screws in metal buildings. Sometimes, I have to cut them off to repair.Try and avoid this if possible, as the chuck for this drill is 65.00 and only dewalt will fit.a generic will not fit. you may take a pair of large vice grips or a large pair of channel locks and try. Also, if can get out, only hand tighten, don"t hold chuck and run up with drill. This will only make the dogs set tighter.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!