As a general Contractor is often need to find several studs from the exterior of stuctures. This means through lath and stucco and often also through shear panel (1/2"+ plywood). Is there a device (other than something to break holes in exterior walls to look) that will detect studs?
Just a curiosity....can you use an electronic stud finder to find studs INSIDE the house--then measure to a known location (such as a window, etc.)--then apply the measurements outside?
k2... Good idea... yes I can... however... I need to get the job done faster if possible... I am often putting up ledgers for patio covers and this part of the process just kills progress. SELDOM do I find studs 26oc so I end up using an electric chipper and visually find the studs... any other ideas???
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers