As a general Contractor is often need to find several studs from the exterior of stuctures. This means through lath and stucco and often also through shear panel (1/2"+ plywood). Is there a device (other than something to break holes in exterior walls to look) that will detect studs?
Just a curiosity....can you use an electronic stud finder to find studs INSIDE the house--then measure to a known location (such as a window, etc.)--then apply the measurements outside?
k2... Good idea... yes I can... however... I need to get the job done faster if possible... I am often putting up ledgers for patio covers and this part of the process just kills progress. SELDOM do I find studs 26oc so I end up using an electric chipper and visually find the studs... any other ideas???
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight