As a general Contractor is often need to find several studs from the exterior of stuctures. This means through lath and stucco and often also through shear panel (1/2"+ plywood). Is there a device (other than something to break holes in exterior walls to look) that will detect studs?
Just a curiosity....can you use an electronic stud finder to find studs INSIDE the house--then measure to a known location (such as a window, etc.)--then apply the measurements outside?
k2... Good idea... yes I can... however... I need to get the job done faster if possible... I am often putting up ledgers for patio covers and this part of the process just kills progress. SELDOM do I find studs 26oc so I end up using an electric chipper and visually find the studs... any other ideas???
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING