On the recommendations of folks on this site I have purchased a compound mitre saw as my first power saw. It is on the way from an online co.
My question is what is the best way to learn the ins & outs of my new saw? A class would be great, a book would be alright, a cdrom would even work.
I live in the east bay in No. California if anyone knows of a class nearby.
Thanks everybody for any help to the fixit rookie I am.
Thanks for taking the time to respond!! I do have my saw and am trying it out on a dog house I'm making that I will fill with a puppy for my wife's birthday. Don't tell her, it's a secret. Anyway, so far all is going well. I'm using eye protection and watching out for all ten fingers. And yes, hearing protection is next. Thanks again.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love