I am intersested in purchasing an air compressor for my home automotive projects. I am curious what scfm/psi ratings are needed for removing most parts. It looks like most of the entry level compressors have about 8.6 SCFM at 40 psi and 6.4 SCFM at 90 psi. Do you think this is adequate for removing old parts or should I step up to the mid level compressors? Thanks.
about the only thing that is hard to remove with lower cfm is paint ... the entry-level compressor will probably run what you need (impact wrench etc) - but to be sure - each tool you buy generally also has a scfm rating that will allow you to match up the compressor with the tool ... A point to know, if you plan on doing any body work, an entry level machine will not be enough - most body work air-tools are pretty hefty air hogs.
Hope this helps ...
Depending on what voltage you have. the most economical compressor is the 60 gal,2 cyl,v compressor,cast iron,14.6 cfm. This will accomodate a one man body shop. will handle 1 in impacts,run da sanders and paint very well. voltage requires 230 volt single phase power. If you want a small good 110 volt,220 volt compressor, I have a 20 gal 4 hp 2 cyl v compressor at 8.6 cfm, will run 1/2 in. impact,paint and do most all household chores. This is a Puma compressor model pumpp5020. take a look at www.toolcentral.com for more info.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers