I just purchased a 6hp Horizontal 33 gal oil free Craftsman compressor. I followed the directions to a T on the break in process and walked away to get clear of the noise. Well when I came back I realized the the tank had pressurized as the directions were wrong on the direction to turn the pressue release valve on the bottom of the compressor. The compressor ran for approx. 12 minutes under load. Should I worry about it and get the unit replaced? Or will everything be cool? Thanks for all the replies.
EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE, IF YOU WANT TO EXCHANGE THE UNIT, NOW WILL BE THE TIME. I WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU TRADE TO A OIL TYPE UNIT IN THIS CAPACITY. YOU WILL BE VERY DISSATISFIED WITH THIS OIL FREE UNIT IN THE FUTURE. YOU ALREADY STATED YOU WALKED AWAY FROM THE NOISE. IT IS NOT GOING TO GET BETTER ONLY LOUDER.
Yes, all will be fine as already stated, you didn't hurt your compressor. However, I agree, get rid of the oiless and go with an oil compressor. The noise will get to you over time.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes