I just purchased a 6hp Horizontal 33 gal oil free Craftsman compressor. I followed the directions to a T on the break in process and walked away to get clear of the noise. Well when I came back I realized the the tank had pressurized as the directions were wrong on the direction to turn the pressue release valve on the bottom of the compressor. The compressor ran for approx. 12 minutes under load. Should I worry about it and get the unit replaced? Or will everything be cool? Thanks for all the replies.
EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE, IF YOU WANT TO EXCHANGE THE UNIT, NOW WILL BE THE TIME. I WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU TRADE TO A OIL TYPE UNIT IN THIS CAPACITY. YOU WILL BE VERY DISSATISFIED WITH THIS OIL FREE UNIT IN THE FUTURE. YOU ALREADY STATED YOU WALKED AWAY FROM THE NOISE. IT IS NOT GOING TO GET BETTER ONLY LOUDER.
Yes, all will be fine as already stated, you didn't hurt your compressor. However, I agree, get rid of the oiless and go with an oil compressor. The noise will get to you over time.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!