How do you size a jointer?
What are the purposes of the infeed and outfeed tables? Which of the two is frequently adjusted?
How do you set the cutting knives?
How long do blades last?
Where should the knives be set, relative to the outfeed table?
What is critical for all knives projection in the cutter head?
How can you visual determine whether you are passing the wood over at the right speed?
Don't know what you mean by "how to size a jointer." The 2 most talked about are the 6" & 8". Some jointers you can adjust both the infeed and outfeed tables, on mine I can only adjust the infeed. Usually doens't matter anyways, once you get it adjusted you'll probably won't adjust it again. I have mine adjusted to take off about 1/45" and haven't adjusted my table in years. How long blades last depends on your carefulness and usage. I'm a moderate woodworker and haven't bought blades in a few years. I set my blades to be .003" above the outfeed table. If you get "ripples" in your wood you are feeding too fast. Ideally the wood should come out smooth.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them