How do you size a jointer?
What are the purposes of the infeed and outfeed tables? Which of the two is frequently adjusted?
How do you set the cutting knives?
How long do blades last?
Where should the knives be set, relative to the outfeed table?
What is critical for all knives projection in the cutter head?
How can you visual determine whether you are passing the wood over at the right speed?
Don't know what you mean by "how to size a jointer." The 2 most talked about are the 6" & 8". Some jointers you can adjust both the infeed and outfeed tables, on mine I can only adjust the infeed. Usually doens't matter anyways, once you get it adjusted you'll probably won't adjust it again. I have mine adjusted to take off about 1/45" and haven't adjusted my table in years. How long blades last depends on your carefulness and usage. I'm a moderate woodworker and haven't bought blades in a few years. I set my blades to be .003" above the outfeed table. If you get "ripples" in your wood you are feeding too fast. Ideally the wood should come out smooth.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees