How do you size a jointer?
What are the purposes of the infeed and outfeed tables? Which of the two is frequently adjusted?
How do you set the cutting knives?
How long do blades last?
Where should the knives be set, relative to the outfeed table?
What is critical for all knives projection in the cutter head?
How can you visual determine whether you are passing the wood over at the right speed?
Don't know what you mean by "how to size a jointer." The 2 most talked about are the 6" & 8". Some jointers you can adjust both the infeed and outfeed tables, on mine I can only adjust the infeed. Usually doens't matter anyways, once you get it adjusted you'll probably won't adjust it again. I have mine adjusted to take off about 1/45" and haven't adjusted my table in years. How long blades last depends on your carefulness and usage. I'm a moderate woodworker and haven't bought blades in a few years. I set my blades to be .003" above the outfeed table. If you get "ripples" in your wood you are feeding too fast. Ideally the wood should come out smooth.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!