How do you size a jointer?
What are the purposes of the infeed and outfeed tables? Which of the two is frequently adjusted?
How do you set the cutting knives?
How long do blades last?
Where should the knives be set, relative to the outfeed table?
What is critical for all knives projection in the cutter head?
How can you visual determine whether you are passing the wood over at the right speed?
Don't know what you mean by "how to size a jointer." The 2 most talked about are the 6" & 8". Some jointers you can adjust both the infeed and outfeed tables, on mine I can only adjust the infeed. Usually doens't matter anyways, once you get it adjusted you'll probably won't adjust it again. I have mine adjusted to take off about 1/45" and haven't adjusted my table in years. How long blades last depends on your carefulness and usage. I'm a moderate woodworker and haven't bought blades in a few years. I set my blades to be .003" above the outfeed table. If you get "ripples" in your wood you are feeding too fast. Ideally the wood should come out smooth.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Mirror Magic: 10 Ways of Using Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- 7 Powerful Cleaners in Your Pantry
- 10 DIY Ways to Dress Up Your House for Fall
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs