How do you size a jointer?
What are the purposes of the infeed and outfeed tables? Which of the two is frequently adjusted?
How do you set the cutting knives?
How long do blades last?
Where should the knives be set, relative to the outfeed table?
What is critical for all knives projection in the cutter head?
How can you visual determine whether you are passing the wood over at the right speed?
Don't know what you mean by "how to size a jointer." The 2 most talked about are the 6" & 8". Some jointers you can adjust both the infeed and outfeed tables, on mine I can only adjust the infeed. Usually doens't matter anyways, once you get it adjusted you'll probably won't adjust it again. I have mine adjusted to take off about 1/45" and haven't adjusted my table in years. How long blades last depends on your carefulness and usage. I'm a moderate woodworker and haven't bought blades in a few years. I set my blades to be .003" above the outfeed table. If you get "ripples" in your wood you are feeding too fast. Ideally the wood should come out smooth.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!