Oil question: Compressor vs Air Tool Oil?
I'm a new air owner and am confused by one thing (so far):
Is there a difference between "Compressor Oil" and Air Tool Oil? I thought I was buying the later when I re-read the bottle and found out it was the former. Can Compressor oil be used as air tool oil or is there some property that makes it different, like viscosity or additives? I don't know if I need to return the compressor oil to the store....
Thanks for your help!
I use 3 in 1 oil for my air tools. My compressor calls for Mobil 1. I imagine I could use Mobil 1 in my air tools but wouldn't want to use 3 in 1 in my compressor.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers