Oil question: Compressor vs Air Tool Oil?
I'm a new air owner and am confused by one thing (so far):
Is there a difference between "Compressor Oil" and Air Tool Oil? I thought I was buying the later when I re-read the bottle and found out it was the former. Can Compressor oil be used as air tool oil or is there some property that makes it different, like viscosity or additives? I don't know if I need to return the compressor oil to the store....
Thanks for your help!
I use 3 in 1 oil for my air tools. My compressor calls for Mobil 1. I imagine I could use Mobil 1 in my air tools but wouldn't want to use 3 in 1 in my compressor.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING