Oil question: Compressor vs Air Tool Oil?
I'm a new air owner and am confused by one thing (so far):
Is there a difference between "Compressor Oil" and Air Tool Oil? I thought I was buying the later when I re-read the bottle and found out it was the former. Can Compressor oil be used as air tool oil or is there some property that makes it different, like viscosity or additives? I don't know if I need to return the compressor oil to the store....
Thanks for your help!
I use 3 in 1 oil for my air tools. My compressor calls for Mobil 1. I imagine I could use Mobil 1 in my air tools but wouldn't want to use 3 in 1 in my compressor.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight