Oil question: Compressor vs Air Tool Oil?
I'm a new air owner and am confused by one thing (so far):
Is there a difference between "Compressor Oil" and Air Tool Oil? I thought I was buying the later when I re-read the bottle and found out it was the former. Can Compressor oil be used as air tool oil or is there some property that makes it different, like viscosity or additives? I don't know if I need to return the compressor oil to the store....
Thanks for your help!
I use 3 in 1 oil for my air tools. My compressor calls for Mobil 1. I imagine I could use Mobil 1 in my air tools but wouldn't want to use 3 in 1 in my compressor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!