I'm looking at purchasing a Craftsman 24883 10" table saw. Does anyone know what the maximum width of a dado that saw will accept?
to determine the max stacked Dado size, remove the saw blade, install the nut until it is even with the outside end of the spindle. measure the opening from the inside flange to the nut. this is the amount of stacked dado that can be safely used on the saw. add approximately 1/16 inch for the width of the teeth on the cutters to give the max dado width that can be cut. NOTE you will need a dado insert for the table. most 10m inch saws will allow 5/8 to 3/4 inch stacked dado/ I do not have an adjustable dado, so do not know how wide of a cut it can be adjusted to. SAFETY NOTE ALWAYS use feather boards when making dado cuts to prevent kickback.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!