I'm looking at purchasing a Craftsman 24883 10" table saw. Does anyone know what the maximum width of a dado that saw will accept?
to determine the max stacked Dado size, remove the saw blade, install the nut until it is even with the outside end of the spindle. measure the opening from the inside flange to the nut. this is the amount of stacked dado that can be safely used on the saw. add approximately 1/16 inch for the width of the teeth on the cutters to give the max dado width that can be cut. NOTE you will need a dado insert for the table. most 10m inch saws will allow 5/8 to 3/4 inch stacked dado/ I do not have an adjustable dado, so do not know how wide of a cut it can be adjusted to. SAFETY NOTE ALWAYS use feather boards when making dado cuts to prevent kickback.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight