A couple of questions for anyone familiar with repairing the above???
My trusty old Shopmate is showing signs of fatigue in that the motor speed is no longer constant but periodically falls momentarily and makes the odd harsh noise. I've checked the brushes and they are around 1/2" long (above the recommended minimum 1/4").
First question is; any ideas on what this could be? My thoughts were either bearing or armature.
Second question is; how do you remove the motor assembly from the yoke assembly? I've released the motor assembly from the yoke assembly but I cannot separate them as the power cable goes through both. It has clearly got to come out but I cannot free it at the back of the yoke where it goes through a black plastic core that I'm unable to remove. Does anyone know what the knack is on removing this?
Thanks in advance,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!