A couple of questions for anyone familiar with repairing the above???
My trusty old Shopmate is showing signs of fatigue in that the motor speed is no longer constant but periodically falls momentarily and makes the odd harsh noise. I've checked the brushes and they are around 1/2" long (above the recommended minimum 1/4").
First question is; any ideas on what this could be? My thoughts were either bearing or armature.
Second question is; how do you remove the motor assembly from the yoke assembly? I've released the motor assembly from the yoke assembly but I cannot separate them as the power cable goes through both. It has clearly got to come out but I cannot free it at the back of the yoke where it goes through a black plastic core that I'm unable to remove. Does anyone know what the knack is on removing this?
Thanks in advance,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects