A couple of questions for anyone familiar with repairing the above???
My trusty old Shopmate is showing signs of fatigue in that the motor speed is no longer constant but periodically falls momentarily and makes the odd harsh noise. I've checked the brushes and they are around 1/2" long (above the recommended minimum 1/4").
First question is; any ideas on what this could be? My thoughts were either bearing or armature.
Second question is; how do you remove the motor assembly from the yoke assembly? I've released the motor assembly from the yoke assembly but I cannot separate them as the power cable goes through both. It has clearly got to come out but I cannot free it at the back of the yoke where it goes through a black plastic core that I'm unable to remove. Does anyone know what the knack is on removing this?
Thanks in advance,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!