A couple of questions for anyone familiar with repairing the above???
My trusty old Shopmate is showing signs of fatigue in that the motor speed is no longer constant but periodically falls momentarily and makes the odd harsh noise. I've checked the brushes and they are around 1/2" long (above the recommended minimum 1/4").
First question is; any ideas on what this could be? My thoughts were either bearing or armature.
Second question is; how do you remove the motor assembly from the yoke assembly? I've released the motor assembly from the yoke assembly but I cannot separate them as the power cable goes through both. It has clearly got to come out but I cannot free it at the back of the yoke where it goes through a black plastic core that I'm unable to remove. Does anyone know what the knack is on removing this?
Thanks in advance,
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers