My tool purchasing rule is buy Dewalt/Rigid/Makita if your doing carpentry.
Porter-Cable if your doing woodworking.
So I recently purchased Porter-Cables dovetail jig and I'm shocked at how crummy this thing is.
I wish I could get my money back but I tossed the box in glee when I got home with it.
This is a fancy clamp that you slide two boards against each other, tighten them down and run your router around an aluminum jib.
The problems are everywhere. I'm constantly adjusting the depths after each run, spending time clamping and unclamping, realigning the edges. The right side knob hits (no joke) the depth gauge so I ended up cutting down the knob.
I used some scraps to try it out and realized I should have asked for advice before buying this. I'm awaiting Rocklers jib in the mail.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates