My tool purchasing rule is buy Dewalt/Rigid/Makita if your doing carpentry.
Porter-Cable if your doing woodworking.
So I recently purchased Porter-Cables dovetail jig and I'm shocked at how crummy this thing is.
I wish I could get my money back but I tossed the box in glee when I got home with it.
This is a fancy clamp that you slide two boards against each other, tighten them down and run your router around an aluminum jib.
The problems are everywhere. I'm constantly adjusting the depths after each run, spending time clamping and unclamping, realigning the edges. The right side knob hits (no joke) the depth gauge so I ended up cutting down the knob.
I used some scraps to try it out and realized I should have asked for advice before buying this. I'm awaiting Rocklers jib in the mail.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!