My tool purchasing rule is buy Dewalt/Rigid/Makita if your doing carpentry.
Porter-Cable if your doing woodworking.
So I recently purchased Porter-Cables dovetail jig and I'm shocked at how crummy this thing is.
I wish I could get my money back but I tossed the box in glee when I got home with it.
This is a fancy clamp that you slide two boards against each other, tighten them down and run your router around an aluminum jib.
The problems are everywhere. I'm constantly adjusting the depths after each run, spending time clamping and unclamping, realigning the edges. The right side knob hits (no joke) the depth gauge so I ended up cutting down the knob.
I used some scraps to try it out and realized I should have asked for advice before buying this. I'm awaiting Rocklers jib in the mail.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips