My tool purchasing rule is buy Dewalt/Rigid/Makita if your doing carpentry.
Porter-Cable if your doing woodworking.
So I recently purchased Porter-Cables dovetail jig and I'm shocked at how crummy this thing is.
I wish I could get my money back but I tossed the box in glee when I got home with it.
This is a fancy clamp that you slide two boards against each other, tighten them down and run your router around an aluminum jib.
The problems are everywhere. I'm constantly adjusting the depths after each run, spending time clamping and unclamping, realigning the edges. The right side knob hits (no joke) the depth gauge so I ended up cutting down the knob.
I used some scraps to try it out and realized I should have asked for advice before buying this. I'm awaiting Rocklers jib in the mail.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight