what kind of compressors are quieter(less decibels) the direct drive,belt driven,oilless,??
It is my experience that they are all pretty noisy. The main governing factor seems to be that the bigger the compressor, the more noise. Some compressors have scroll compressors that are quieter but they are high dollar units. My noise solution was to locate my compressor in a closet (with ventilation to the outside) and run a line into my shop. The closet walls are lined with fiberglass ductboard (soft side out). It's pretty quiet. I did the same with my shop vac. When I'm using the compressor away from the shop, I run a long air hose and place it away from where I am working.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight