what kind of compressors are quieter(less decibels) the direct drive,belt driven,oilless,??
It is my experience that they are all pretty noisy. The main governing factor seems to be that the bigger the compressor, the more noise. Some compressors have scroll compressors that are quieter but they are high dollar units. My noise solution was to locate my compressor in a closet (with ventilation to the outside) and run a line into my shop. The closet walls are lined with fiberglass ductboard (soft side out). It's pretty quiet. I did the same with my shop vac. When I'm using the compressor away from the shop, I run a long air hose and place it away from where I am working.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!