The motor for my table saw has worn out. I need to find a replacement motor, preferably one that mounts with a four-bolt mounting plate. The correct motor for my saw is 3/4 hp and 3450 rpm. Does anyone know of sources for such motors, either new or used motors? The ***** website has the motors for about $110.00, which is too much money to spend on my old table saw.
If you want a new motor you might visit a Grainger Store or check their WEB site, although this can be hard to find what you are looking for some times. The other option is to take the existing motor to a motor repair facility. If the windings are still good it may be just a matter of replacing the motor starter switch or the starting capacitor. Neither of these parts are very expensive.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!