The motor for my table saw has worn out. I need to find a replacement motor, preferably one that mounts with a four-bolt mounting plate. The correct motor for my saw is 3/4 hp and 3450 rpm. Does anyone know of sources for such motors, either new or used motors? The ***** website has the motors for about $110.00, which is too much money to spend on my old table saw.
If you want a new motor you might visit a Grainger Store or check their WEB site, although this can be hard to find what you are looking for some times. The other option is to take the existing motor to a motor repair facility. If the windings are still good it may be just a matter of replacing the motor starter switch or the starting capacitor. Neither of these parts are very expensive.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight