Both retainer rings on my Craftsman 26 in/8HP snow thrower cracked and the chute fell off onto the ground. The Model no. is: 536886622. I bought replacement rings.
Question: I know the outer ring sits "teeth" down on the machine, but which direction does the inner ring sit-- does it sit inside the outer ring with its "lip" side up or down?
I have the bolts that go through the rings and attach to the chute but, I cannot figure out how to get it to seat properly so that the "teeth" on the outer ring can catch the piece that allows it to rotate. And how does the chute stay "attached" to the machine? Does the inner ring "lip" have to fit/snug onto something on the machine itself?
Please help! Thank you.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight