Both retainer rings on my Craftsman 26 in/8HP snow thrower cracked and the chute fell off onto the ground. The Model no. is: 536886622. I bought replacement rings.
Question: I know the outer ring sits "teeth" down on the machine, but which direction does the inner ring sit-- does it sit inside the outer ring with its "lip" side up or down?
I have the bolts that go through the rings and attach to the chute but, I cannot figure out how to get it to seat properly so that the "teeth" on the outer ring can catch the piece that allows it to rotate. And how does the chute stay "attached" to the machine? Does the inner ring "lip" have to fit/snug onto something on the machine itself?
Please help! Thank you.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!