Both retainer rings on my Craftsman 26 in/8HP snow thrower cracked and the chute fell off onto the ground. The Model no. is: 536886622. I bought replacement rings.
Question: I know the outer ring sits "teeth" down on the machine, but which direction does the inner ring sit-- does it sit inside the outer ring with its "lip" side up or down?
I have the bolts that go through the rings and attach to the chute but, I cannot figure out how to get it to seat properly so that the "teeth" on the outer ring can catch the piece that allows it to rotate. And how does the chute stay "attached" to the machine? Does the inner ring "lip" have to fit/snug onto something on the machine itself?
Please help! Thank you.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!