We have an older deck we are looking to fix up without totally building a new one. We're going to replace all the floor planks and reuse the railings as the wood is still in good condition.
I'm looking for a sander to sand the railings while they're off (the railings are just 2x4s which have been cut at an angle along one of the long ends), and hopefully also to use to sand our fence later this summer. Both the deck and the fence were previously painted, although a fair bit of the paint has already peeled off.
What is my best bet for a sander - I've read a few articles and it seems like a belt sander would work? Thank you for any advice!
best exterior paint for Atlanta
what kind of insulation should we use behind the dry...
Help!! Which Deck Boards to Use?
Rip Fence for 12" Band Saw
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Handy Household Uses for Vinegar
- 12 Easy Ways to Boost Bathroom Storage
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 10 Ways to Live Large in 400 Sq. Ft. or Less
- Brilliant New Uses for Old Wooden Doors