Greetings compressor gurus!
I'm trying to lay 5/8" bamboo flooring atop an old oak hardwood floor, and my cleat nailer is really struggling. I dropped down from 2" to 1-1/2" cleats, but they still don't go all the way in.
I'm using a PC pancake compressor- which is pretty good for most things but I wonder, will a bigger compressor even help? I'd hate to buy another one and find that the same thing still happens!
Your thoughts, please! Thanks in advance!
-k2 in CO
Moderator, Miscellaneous Forum
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING