I have an older (1977) Craftsman Electronic Radial Arm Saw. I’d really like to keep this baby alive.
1) I am in need of an owners manual. A .pdf is fine. A service manual would be dynamite.
2) I was using the saw today and the blade jammed. I removed the wood but the blade no longer powers up. The reset button on the motor is not set. I have waited over an hour since it has thermal protection, but now luck powering up the blade motor. The main power switch works and the LED Read out works, but not the saw motor. The saw motor has its own power switch and an overload/thermal reset button/switch. I hear no grunts or whines from the motor when the switch is closed. The motor does not jump or attempt to spin at all. I wonder if it could be the thermal protection manual reset switch.
3) The motor had become weak lately. The blade motor stops often while cutting. Fearing the worse, now that the blade motor will not power up, I looked on the Sears Parts Direct website for a new motor pn#75085. The motor is listed as discontinued. I called Sears and they told me that the motor was discontinued. Sorry Charlie! I hear Emerson supplied the motors for model number 113.xxx Craftsman saws. Any idea how to cross-reference the Craftsman motor to an Emerson motor.
The motor is PN# 75085, Source 113, 120v, single phase, 11.0Amp, 60Hz, 3450RPM
4) Any known carriers of old craftsman/emerson motors? Or, Any known small electric motor rebuilders in the Houston, TX area?
113.29501 Craftsman radial arm saw manual
Craftsman 10" Radial Arm Saw Cord replacement
Craftsman 10 in.radial arm saw owners manual available
radial arm saw
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps