I have an older (1977) Craftsman Electronic Radial Arm Saw. I’d really like to keep this baby alive.
1) I am in need of an owners manual. A .pdf is fine. A service manual would be dynamite.
2) I was using the saw today and the blade jammed. I removed the wood but the blade no longer powers up. The reset button on the motor is not set. I have waited over an hour since it has thermal protection, but now luck powering up the blade motor. The main power switch works and the LED Read out works, but not the saw motor. The saw motor has its own power switch and an overload/thermal reset button/switch. I hear no grunts or whines from the motor when the switch is closed. The motor does not jump or attempt to spin at all. I wonder if it could be the thermal protection manual reset switch.
3) The motor had become weak lately. The blade motor stops often while cutting. Fearing the worse, now that the blade motor will not power up, I looked on the Sears Parts Direct website for a new motor pn#75085. The motor is listed as discontinued. I called Sears and they told me that the motor was discontinued. Sorry Charlie! I hear Emerson supplied the motors for model number 113.xxx Craftsman saws. Any idea how to cross-reference the Craftsman motor to an Emerson motor.
The motor is PN# 75085, Source 113, 120v, single phase, 11.0Amp, 60Hz, 3450RPM
4) Any known carriers of old craftsman/emerson motors? Or, Any known small electric motor rebuilders in the Houston, TX area?
113.29501 Craftsman radial arm saw manual
Craftsman 10" Radial Arm Saw Cord replacement
Craftsman 10 in.radial arm saw owners manual available
radial arm saw
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!