plywood curve door
First you need to find the radius, it can't be 6". Once you've determined that set up a jig with a 1x4 with a nail to the folcrum and use it like a compass. You need to mark the front & back of the radius & the radii angles for each end.
Place nails for scribes at the interior & exterior unto a kiln(stable)dried 2x8 - 2x12.
Now you have a jig to cut your rails, all you need is the styles, ripped to the radii angles, cut your motrice & tennon joints & glue it up. With a slight curve you don't need to steam the ply. Lots of clamps & glue boards though.. one trick to give it depth and a nice "thunk" when it closes fill the voids with expanding foam before you place the 2nd skin.
thank you for the reply the door is for fish tank cabinet that im makeing the size is 49 wide x30 high, the ends are 13" wide and the center is bow out to 19" that how i got 6" bow,i made 2 rails to hold it to the shape i want it so that part is done and have 3 peices of 1/4 inch birch clamp to the jig to how it would look and that is good nice and smooth all i have to do now is glue it together an rreclamp it do i do 2 peices first let dry then the 3 peice or all 3 peices at one time when its dry will it spring any or will it stay at 6" bow .
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!