plywood curve door
First you need to find the radius, it can't be 6". Once you've determined that set up a jig with a 1x4 with a nail to the folcrum and use it like a compass. You need to mark the front & back of the radius & the radii angles for each end.
Place nails for scribes at the interior & exterior unto a kiln(stable)dried 2x8 - 2x12.
Now you have a jig to cut your rails, all you need is the styles, ripped to the radii angles, cut your motrice & tennon joints & glue it up. With a slight curve you don't need to steam the ply. Lots of clamps & glue boards though.. one trick to give it depth and a nice "thunk" when it closes fill the voids with expanding foam before you place the 2nd skin.
thank you for the reply the door is for fish tank cabinet that im makeing the size is 49 wide x30 high, the ends are 13" wide and the center is bow out to 19" that how i got 6" bow,i made 2 rails to hold it to the shape i want it so that part is done and have 3 peices of 1/4 inch birch clamp to the jig to how it would look and that is good nice and smooth all i have to do now is glue it together an rreclamp it do i do 2 peices first let dry then the 3 peice or all 3 peices at one time when its dry will it spring any or will it stay at 6" bow .
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers