plywood curve door
First you need to find the radius, it can't be 6". Once you've determined that set up a jig with a 1x4 with a nail to the folcrum and use it like a compass. You need to mark the front & back of the radius & the radii angles for each end.
Place nails for scribes at the interior & exterior unto a kiln(stable)dried 2x8 - 2x12.
Now you have a jig to cut your rails, all you need is the styles, ripped to the radii angles, cut your motrice & tennon joints & glue it up. With a slight curve you don't need to steam the ply. Lots of clamps & glue boards though.. one trick to give it depth and a nice "thunk" when it closes fill the voids with expanding foam before you place the 2nd skin.
thank you for the reply the door is for fish tank cabinet that im makeing the size is 49 wide x30 high, the ends are 13" wide and the center is bow out to 19" that how i got 6" bow,i made 2 rails to hold it to the shape i want it so that part is done and have 3 peices of 1/4 inch birch clamp to the jig to how it would look and that is good nice and smooth all i have to do now is glue it together an rreclamp it do i do 2 peices first let dry then the 3 peice or all 3 peices at one time when its dry will it spring any or will it stay at 6" bow .
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes