plywood curve door
First you need to find the radius, it can't be 6". Once you've determined that set up a jig with a 1x4 with a nail to the folcrum and use it like a compass. You need to mark the front & back of the radius & the radii angles for each end.
Place nails for scribes at the interior & exterior unto a kiln(stable)dried 2x8 - 2x12.
Now you have a jig to cut your rails, all you need is the styles, ripped to the radii angles, cut your motrice & tennon joints & glue it up. With a slight curve you don't need to steam the ply. Lots of clamps & glue boards though.. one trick to give it depth and a nice "thunk" when it closes fill the voids with expanding foam before you place the 2nd skin.
thank you for the reply the door is for fish tank cabinet that im makeing the size is 49 wide x30 high, the ends are 13" wide and the center is bow out to 19" that how i got 6" bow,i made 2 rails to hold it to the shape i want it so that part is done and have 3 peices of 1/4 inch birch clamp to the jig to how it would look and that is good nice and smooth all i have to do now is glue it together an rreclamp it do i do 2 peices first let dry then the 3 peice or all 3 peices at one time when its dry will it spring any or will it stay at 6" bow .
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects