My concrete garage floor becomes an ice rink when it gets wet. Several people have fallen while walking across the garage when coming in from the rain. Is there something I can coat the concrete with? I know I can paint the floor with that battleship grey paint, but I hear it peels easily and needs to be re-painted often. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Joe, I don't know if this will work but it's worth a shot. There is a spray-on product (made by Dupli-Color) called Truck Bed Coating, it creates a textured surface that's non-slip. I don't know if it will adhere to concrete but why not buy one can (at your local auto parts store) and test in an inconspicous area. If it works you could mask off a pathway around the doors and spray it, I wouldn't do the entire floor seeing as this stuff is fairly expensive. Let us know if you try it and if it works. Good luck!
Joe, there is a kind of paint for marine applications called "topside" paint for the walking surfaces of boats, docks, etc. It is anti-slip and will stand up to anything- salt, intense sunlight, you name it. I saw it in a West Marine catalog, but I'm sure any boat supply store could get it. Good Luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers