My concrete garage floor becomes an ice rink when it gets wet. Several people have fallen while walking across the garage when coming in from the rain. Is there something I can coat the concrete with? I know I can paint the floor with that battleship grey paint, but I hear it peels easily and needs to be re-painted often. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Joe, I don't know if this will work but it's worth a shot. There is a spray-on product (made by Dupli-Color) called Truck Bed Coating, it creates a textured surface that's non-slip. I don't know if it will adhere to concrete but why not buy one can (at your local auto parts store) and test in an inconspicous area. If it works you could mask off a pathway around the doors and spray it, I wouldn't do the entire floor seeing as this stuff is fairly expensive. Let us know if you try it and if it works. Good luck!
Joe, there is a kind of paint for marine applications called "topside" paint for the walking surfaces of boats, docks, etc. It is anti-slip and will stand up to anything- salt, intense sunlight, you name it. I saw it in a West Marine catalog, but I'm sure any boat supply store could get it. Good Luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!