My concrete garage floor becomes an ice rink when it gets wet. Several people have fallen while walking across the garage when coming in from the rain. Is there something I can coat the concrete with? I know I can paint the floor with that battleship grey paint, but I hear it peels easily and needs to be re-painted often. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Joe, I don't know if this will work but it's worth a shot. There is a spray-on product (made by Dupli-Color) called Truck Bed Coating, it creates a textured surface that's non-slip. I don't know if it will adhere to concrete but why not buy one can (at your local auto parts store) and test in an inconspicous area. If it works you could mask off a pathway around the doors and spray it, I wouldn't do the entire floor seeing as this stuff is fairly expensive. Let us know if you try it and if it works. Good luck!
Joe, there is a kind of paint for marine applications called "topside" paint for the walking surfaces of boats, docks, etc. It is anti-slip and will stand up to anything- salt, intense sunlight, you name it. I saw it in a West Marine catalog, but I'm sure any boat supply store could get it. Good Luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects