My concrete garage floor becomes an ice rink when it gets wet. Several people have fallen while walking across the garage when coming in from the rain. Is there something I can coat the concrete with? I know I can paint the floor with that battleship grey paint, but I hear it peels easily and needs to be re-painted often. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Joe, I don't know if this will work but it's worth a shot. There is a spray-on product (made by Dupli-Color) called Truck Bed Coating, it creates a textured surface that's non-slip. I don't know if it will adhere to concrete but why not buy one can (at your local auto parts store) and test in an inconspicous area. If it works you could mask off a pathway around the doors and spray it, I wouldn't do the entire floor seeing as this stuff is fairly expensive. Let us know if you try it and if it works. Good luck!
Joe, there is a kind of paint for marine applications called "topside" paint for the walking surfaces of boats, docks, etc. It is anti-slip and will stand up to anything- salt, intense sunlight, you name it. I saw it in a West Marine catalog, but I'm sure any boat supply store could get it. Good Luck.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING