I'm considering on building a 22'x 28' garage in an area where the soil is mostly sand. The climate is such that frost goes down 3 to 3.5 feet in the winter. The site is not near water, and the water table is 100+ feet down. Does anyone have thoughts on the success of building with a floating concrete slab? That is, a slab that has a nominal 4 inch thickness tapering to 8 inches thick on the perimiter. Wire would be used throughout, with rebar on the perimiter.
Thanks in advance.
How do I remove a concrete slab?
How do I find out if I have a moisture problem on my...
concrete slab foundation
Dirt coming out from underneath concrete slab
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects