I'm considering on building a 22'x 28' garage in an area where the soil is mostly sand. The climate is such that frost goes down 3 to 3.5 feet in the winter. The site is not near water, and the water table is 100+ feet down. Does anyone have thoughts on the success of building with a floating concrete slab? That is, a slab that has a nominal 4 inch thickness tapering to 8 inches thick on the perimiter. Wire would be used throughout, with rebar on the perimiter.
Thanks in advance.
How do I remove a concrete slab?
How do I find out if I have a moisture problem on my...
concrete slab foundation
Dirt coming out from underneath concrete slab
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight