I'm considering on building a 22'x 28' garage in an area where the soil is mostly sand. The climate is such that frost goes down 3 to 3.5 feet in the winter. The site is not near water, and the water table is 100+ feet down. Does anyone have thoughts on the success of building with a floating concrete slab? That is, a slab that has a nominal 4 inch thickness tapering to 8 inches thick on the perimiter. Wire would be used throughout, with rebar on the perimiter.
Thanks in advance.
How do I remove a concrete slab?
How do I find out if I have a moisture problem on my...
concrete slab foundation
Dirt coming out from underneath concrete slab
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love