I'm considering on building a 22'x 28' garage in an area where the soil is mostly sand. The climate is such that frost goes down 3 to 3.5 feet in the winter. The site is not near water, and the water table is 100+ feet down. Does anyone have thoughts on the success of building with a floating concrete slab? That is, a slab that has a nominal 4 inch thickness tapering to 8 inches thick on the perimiter. Wire would be used throughout, with rebar on the perimiter.
Thanks in advance.
How do I remove a concrete slab?
How do I find out if I have a moisture problem on my...
concrete slab foundation
Dirt coming out from underneath concrete slab
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING