Odors in concrete floor. HELP!!
I have a workroom in my finished basement that also serves as my 2 cats' litterbox room. I decided that a bare concrete floor would be more practical for my workroom; and I thought pulling up the carpet would eliminate alot of the litterbox odor as well. I pulled up the carpet and padding, exposing the bare concrete, but the room still smelled. I swept and mopped the floor very well, but the smell is still there. If anything, its even WORSE than before. Apparently, there is one corner of the room that the cats have been using as an alternate toilet and their urine has soaked into the concrete! I have tried putting down disinfectant, but now it just smells like cat urine and pine. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this smell?? I thought perhaps sealing and painting the floor would help. Please help! My whole basement reeks now!!
get rid of the cats! ha ha sorry, I just don't like 'em. A friend of mine bought that X-O (?) liquid odor remover from HSN or QVC (home shopping on TV networks) and said it worked wonders on a carpet - I wonder if it would penetrate concrete? might be worth a try - check the shopping sites on the Internet, and then get rid of the cats! good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?