Odors in concrete floor. HELP!!
I have a workroom in my finished basement that also serves as my 2 cats' litterbox room. I decided that a bare concrete floor would be more practical for my workroom; and I thought pulling up the carpet would eliminate alot of the litterbox odor as well. I pulled up the carpet and padding, exposing the bare concrete, but the room still smelled. I swept and mopped the floor very well, but the smell is still there. If anything, its even WORSE than before. Apparently, there is one corner of the room that the cats have been using as an alternate toilet and their urine has soaked into the concrete! I have tried putting down disinfectant, but now it just smells like cat urine and pine. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this smell?? I thought perhaps sealing and painting the floor would help. Please help! My whole basement reeks now!!
get rid of the cats! ha ha sorry, I just don't like 'em. A friend of mine bought that X-O (?) liquid odor remover from HSN or QVC (home shopping on TV networks) and said it worked wonders on a carpet - I wonder if it would penetrate concrete? might be worth a try - check the shopping sites on the Internet, and then get rid of the cats! good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes