Odors in concrete floor. HELP!!
I have a workroom in my finished basement that also serves as my 2 cats' litterbox room. I decided that a bare concrete floor would be more practical for my workroom; and I thought pulling up the carpet would eliminate alot of the litterbox odor as well. I pulled up the carpet and padding, exposing the bare concrete, but the room still smelled. I swept and mopped the floor very well, but the smell is still there. If anything, its even WORSE than before. Apparently, there is one corner of the room that the cats have been using as an alternate toilet and their urine has soaked into the concrete! I have tried putting down disinfectant, but now it just smells like cat urine and pine. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this smell?? I thought perhaps sealing and painting the floor would help. Please help! My whole basement reeks now!!
get rid of the cats! ha ha sorry, I just don't like 'em. A friend of mine bought that X-O (?) liquid odor remover from HSN or QVC (home shopping on TV networks) and said it worked wonders on a carpet - I wonder if it would penetrate concrete? might be worth a try - check the shopping sites on the Internet, and then get rid of the cats! good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!