I have a stone fireplace, with brick box and chimney. It is rather large, and I don't currently use it. I don't like fireplace inserts. I would like some suggestions on ways to convert it. Can I put a freestanding wood stove in it, and if so, how would I connect to the chimney for a good fit? If I simply run triple wall stove pipe up the chimney, how can I then block any drafty spaces around the stovepipe? What is the best way to clean the bricks (HEAVY soot accumulation). thanks!
Convert fireplace to two-sided
How to Convert a gas burning fireplace to a wood bur...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!