I have a stone fireplace, with brick box and chimney. It is rather large, and I don't currently use it. I don't like fireplace inserts. I would like some suggestions on ways to convert it. Can I put a freestanding wood stove in it, and if so, how would I connect to the chimney for a good fit? If I simply run triple wall stove pipe up the chimney, how can I then block any drafty spaces around the stovepipe? What is the best way to clean the bricks (HEAVY soot accumulation). thanks!
Convert fireplace to two-sided
How to Convert a gas burning fireplace to a wood bur...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!