HI -- I have a Loop Loc pool cover that attaches to brass anchors in the flagstone patio. The cover straps are spring loaded and put alot of pressure on the anchors. My problem is the install was bad -- poor placement of anchors-- so that several have pulled out and/or cracked the flagstone that they are in. I want to reinforce these -- I was thinking of pouring Quickcrete anchoring cement in the hole and then re-inserting the anchors. THoughts? ALternate suggstions? Do I need to make the hole for the anchor bigger if I am going to add cement??> Thanks in advance for any advice!
I think I would abondon the old anchor holes and have new ones drilled were they will be stronger than the first. There are a lot of different types of anchors that would be good for this, you might look into other types of anchors that can support more of a sheer load than the ones you previously had. If you do use the same holes it may be necessary to drill the holes bigger and use the next size up anchor then that you are currently using. Hope this may help you.
I would believe that below the flagstone there would be a poured concrete base. If there is this is what you should be anchoring to not the decorative flagstone. I would suggest using an adhesive anchor near the location of the failed anchorage. If you contact me I can try to get more specific information from you and help Bruce Bledsoe at wej-it Fastening Systems 800-722-8063 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Brass Towel Rods
Refinishing brass hardware
what to do with redone brass plated doorknob and bac...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!