Foundation for Cottage
Well, if you're looking to do this job yourself, unless you're already familiar with foundations, code, house-jacking, pouring, and so on, I wouldn't attempt this yourself. (Just my $.02 ...)
IF, on the other hand, you're going to have it professionally done BUT just want to know how it's done, there are 2 ways you can get some info. 1) Talk to the Pros that estimate the job. I'm SURE they'll tell you how long you'll be out of the house, and why. 2) IF you have any 'specific concerns' as to how the retrofit is done, please ask your specific question.
In short, it depends on how the home is constructed as to how they'll do it. Heck, the Contractor may use concrete piers.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
wood foundation for a hot tub
squaring foundation for 18 by 20 carport
Foundation for a storage shed
What's cost to drill 4ft concrete foundation for st...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!