Foundation for Cottage
Well, if you're looking to do this job yourself, unless you're already familiar with foundations, code, house-jacking, pouring, and so on, I wouldn't attempt this yourself. (Just my $.02 ...)
IF, on the other hand, you're going to have it professionally done BUT just want to know how it's done, there are 2 ways you can get some info. 1) Talk to the Pros that estimate the job. I'm SURE they'll tell you how long you'll be out of the house, and why. 2) IF you have any 'specific concerns' as to how the retrofit is done, please ask your specific question.
In short, it depends on how the home is constructed as to how they'll do it. Heck, the Contractor may use concrete piers.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
wood foundation for a hot tub
squaring foundation for 18 by 20 carport
Foundation for a storage shed
What's cost to drill 4ft concrete foundation for st...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers