Foundation for Cottage
Well, if you're looking to do this job yourself, unless you're already familiar with foundations, code, house-jacking, pouring, and so on, I wouldn't attempt this yourself. (Just my $.02 ...)
IF, on the other hand, you're going to have it professionally done BUT just want to know how it's done, there are 2 ways you can get some info. 1) Talk to the Pros that estimate the job. I'm SURE they'll tell you how long you'll be out of the house, and why. 2) IF you have any 'specific concerns' as to how the retrofit is done, please ask your specific question.
In short, it depends on how the home is constructed as to how they'll do it. Heck, the Contractor may use concrete piers.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
wood foundation for a hot tub
squaring foundation for 18 by 20 carport
Foundation for a storage shed
What's cost to drill 4ft concrete foundation for st...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!