Foundation for Cottage
Well, if you're looking to do this job yourself, unless you're already familiar with foundations, code, house-jacking, pouring, and so on, I wouldn't attempt this yourself. (Just my $.02 ...)
IF, on the other hand, you're going to have it professionally done BUT just want to know how it's done, there are 2 ways you can get some info. 1) Talk to the Pros that estimate the job. I'm SURE they'll tell you how long you'll be out of the house, and why. 2) IF you have any 'specific concerns' as to how the retrofit is done, please ask your specific question.
In short, it depends on how the home is constructed as to how they'll do it. Heck, the Contractor may use concrete piers.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
wood foundation for a hot tub
squaring foundation for 18 by 20 carport
Foundation for a storage shed
What's cost to drill 4ft concrete foundation for st...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight