Concrete footings question...
Easy! Visit Quikrete.com. Select the RED link (the fast-setting concrete mix), and go from there. At the bottom of the RED page, you'll see links about installing posts. Yes, you pour it in a hole and add water. It can't be any easier. I use it all the time. DO read the directions first BEFORE you even leave the store to be SURE it's what you want to use. Keep it away from water and moisture until you need it.
Be sure to dig down below frost line. Buy yourself some gravel and wrap it up in some Landscape Fabric, and put it in the dugout hole BEFORE you add your mix. (It's for drainage under there.) AND, if you can, flare-out your hole like an upside-down icecream cone. That way, the cone CAN'T move UPWARDS, at all, because of its shape.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
Can concrete footings & basement walls be poured at ...
Wood Deck system for Garage Floor?
Is this a concern
Installing a Foundation Under Existing Home
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY