Concrete footings question...
Easy! Visit Quikrete.com. Select the RED link (the fast-setting concrete mix), and go from there. At the bottom of the RED page, you'll see links about installing posts. Yes, you pour it in a hole and add water. It can't be any easier. I use it all the time. DO read the directions first BEFORE you even leave the store to be SURE it's what you want to use. Keep it away from water and moisture until you need it.
Be sure to dig down below frost line. Buy yourself some gravel and wrap it up in some Landscape Fabric, and put it in the dugout hole BEFORE you add your mix. (It's for drainage under there.) AND, if you can, flare-out your hole like an upside-down icecream cone. That way, the cone CAN'T move UPWARDS, at all, because of its shape.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
Can concrete footings & basement walls be poured at ...
Wood Deck system for Garage Floor?
Is this a concern
Installing a Foundation Under Existing Home
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees