Concrete footings question...
Easy! Visit Quikrete.com. Select the RED link (the fast-setting concrete mix), and go from there. At the bottom of the RED page, you'll see links about installing posts. Yes, you pour it in a hole and add water. It can't be any easier. I use it all the time. DO read the directions first BEFORE you even leave the store to be SURE it's what you want to use. Keep it away from water and moisture until you need it.
Be sure to dig down below frost line. Buy yourself some gravel and wrap it up in some Landscape Fabric, and put it in the dugout hole BEFORE you add your mix. (It's for drainage under there.) AND, if you can, flare-out your hole like an upside-down icecream cone. That way, the cone CAN'T move UPWARDS, at all, because of its shape.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
Can concrete footings & basement walls be poured at ...
Wood Deck system for Garage Floor?
Is this a concern
Installing a Foundation Under Existing Home
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs