Concrete footings question...
Easy! Visit Quikrete.com. Select the RED link (the fast-setting concrete mix), and go from there. At the bottom of the RED page, you'll see links about installing posts. Yes, you pour it in a hole and add water. It can't be any easier. I use it all the time. DO read the directions first BEFORE you even leave the store to be SURE it's what you want to use. Keep it away from water and moisture until you need it.
Be sure to dig down below frost line. Buy yourself some gravel and wrap it up in some Landscape Fabric, and put it in the dugout hole BEFORE you add your mix. (It's for drainage under there.) AND, if you can, flare-out your hole like an upside-down icecream cone. That way, the cone CAN'T move UPWARDS, at all, because of its shape.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
Can concrete footings & basement walls be poured at ...
Wood Deck system for Garage Floor?
Is this a concern
Installing a Foundation Under Existing Home
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!