THE POURED FLOOR IN MY GARAGE HAS SHRUNK ABOUT 1/4 IN FROM THE POURED WALLS SHOULD I USE A SPEICAL CALKING TO FILL THE VOID?
Use a self-leveling urethane caulking to fill the cracks. Fill the cracks up with sand to within 3/8" below floor level. This will help save on caulking. This caulking will flow into the cracks and level itself. The sand also acts as a bond breaker. Caulking should only be bonded on two opposing sides to allow it to stretch properly.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight