I am new to home improvement as I just purchased my first home. I would like to install a wood mantle above my fireplace. The fireplace is all brick and I wanted to know if this was something I could do and how I would best go about attaching the mantle to the brick. I saw some posts about using liquid nails, but I am not sure if that is sturdy enough. Thanks.
I don't believe using liquid nail would be a good idea for this application. We us standard concrete anchor bolts through the support braces generally mounted from underneath the mantel. Seeing the mantels mount differently, check the place where you are purchasing the mantel for mounting advice. If you are making the mantel yourself, check out the similar designs for mounting ideas.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!